Rules for GA divers and boaters
On August 24, 2011, Julie from drew our attention to the following excerpt from the Handbook of Georgia Boating Laws and Responsibilities:
- Scuba divers or snorkelers must display a diver-down flag that marks the diving area.
- Vessels must remain at least 100 feet away from the person in the water.
- Two types of flags are used to indicate diving activity.
- Divers Flag. Rectangular red flag with white diagonal stripe. A rectangular red flag, at least 15″ x 15″, with a white diagonal stripe is required on state waters.
- Alfa Flag. Blue and white vertically striped flag. A blue and white International Code Flag A (or Alfa flag) is required on vessels on federally controlled waters.
chris-(@)-interesting.com (remove the hyphens and parentheses)
P.S. The information above was as complete and up-to-date at the time as I could make it. It should not be construed as providing legal advice. You should conduct your own legal research or contact an attorney.